Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Character Commish

I do a lot of character commissions.  I love them!  They are a chance to have my creativity meet up with someone else's ideas.  I try to make the character mine with cool added bits and pieces of costume, attitude or looks.

I find it interesting that I tend to go for the usual face front, standing pose all the time.  It's the best way to show the character details.

But, if I am thinking painting or event - I tend to go for something that the character is interacting with - they are merely a part of the work.  Sometimes they are not the star.  I've seen some great pictures where the main character has his back to the viewer - or much of them are hidden in darkness.

I need to remember to ask if this is a character portrait - or something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment